Here at Air Midwest we utilise the Grob G115 Tutor, the T67 Firefly and the Piper Warrior to train our students for the Light Aircraft Pilots Licence (LAPL) and Private Pilot Licence (PPL(A)).
The G115 Tutor with its responsive handling is used by the Royal Air Force for training military pilots. The T67 Firefly is an advanced aerobatic high performance aircraft also used by the military. Our Firefly G-BUUL is itself an ex-RAF training aircraft. Piper Warrior is the accepted gold standard pilot training platform used all around the world due to its unrivalled stability and docile handling characteristics, perfectly suited to the new trainee pilot. All of our aircraft possess virtues to compliment individual pilot’s requirements. Here at Air Midwest we will help you choose the right training platform for you.
You will receive the highest standard of training delivered in a relaxed, friendly manner by our flight instructors who will adjust their training styles to your own particular needs in a professional and effective manner to assist you to complete your Pilot training in a stress free, positive environment.
- 30 hours (minimum) training for the LAPL or 45 hours (minimum) training for the PPL(A) in a Grob G115 Tutor,T67 Firefly or Piper Warrior.
- This includes a Minimum 10 hours solo flying.
- Course can be undertaken in 4-6 weeks intensively or part time as required.
- Basics of flying
- Circuit flying and emergencies
- Advanced flying
- 9 Theory exams consisting of:
- Aviation Law, Operational Procedures, Human Factors
- Meteorology, Navigation, Flight Performance and Planning
- Aircraft General Knowledge, Principles of Flight and Communications
- Class 2 medical certificate required prior to first solo flight.
- Minimum age
- To start: 14
- To go solo: 16
- Licence Issue: 17
Fee includes: Flight School amenities, all landing and touch & go fees at home airport.
Not included: Course materials, Radio Telephony course and exam, Theory exams, 2.5 hour test and test fee.